Monday, December 17, 2007

The Tiesto Phenomenon : The power of Trance personified


I once read somewhere, “Music has the power to wake up the dead”. It can be so spellbinding that it can swing emotions within. And the first thing which comes to my mind when I think of something which is totally irresistible, something that is captivating, that makes your feet thumping is “TRANCE”.

Electronic music has that power which no other genre can ever deliver. It feels as if heart goes into a rhythm as the beats fall and rise rapidly. Traditionally characterized as music with high tempo, but for me the definition is much more crude. Anything that is fast, with periodic swings of tempo, something that only a select few can enjoy, anything that has all components of electronic instruments that goes into its making is Trance. And one person whose music totally fits my profile is none other than “The lord of trance” – DJ Tiesto.

Tiesto – some people refer to him as a phenomenon, a total revolution in new age trance. There is an immense source of energy in his music which can recharge your batteries and bring you back to life from the saddest of moods. His music feels so very stimulating and invigorating.

Some people think he belongs to Mount Olympus and can just remix others’ records. But for me, he is the God. I am not much of a band-crazy music lover but if there is one person I simply adore, its Tiesto. “Tiesto rocks!”

No comments: