Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dodgy desires


I looked at the rich and desired for money. I looked at a sweet little kid and desired for innocence. I looked at a happy couple and desired for love.... I looked at life...I looked at myself...Compound of needs and necessities, most of them hard to satisfy. Even if they were to be satisfied, the state of painlessness would be too boring. Goals are mere illusions which vanish when we reach them. And even sensual pleasure itself means nothing but a struggle and aspiration, ceasing the moment its aim is attained.

Desire: The root cause of all misery and pain in life. If humans were satisfied with all what they have, there would be no ambitions, no desire. But this in itself is no good. It may seem paradoxical, but desires are the driving force of life; it is only when that we try too hard to strive for those goals, those desires - when suffering starts coming into play. When you know you can have something, all the abilities and resources to strive for your goals but the moment your dreams are shattered and you are forced to stop just moments away from conquering your desires – the frustration is boundless.

(These are my thoughts as I lay on my bed here in NUS, getting bored, frustrated without friends; unable to realize what I have achieved so far, whether I have been able to live those dreams; whether my long-lived ambition of travelling the whole world as it now seems to be on the path to being achieved seems so pleasure-less…….Is this all what I wanted – a lonely life.....Life is a bitch)

No comments: